5 - The Risen Lord hands on His Ministry
Easter Sunday Night - John 20:19-25
Continue to ponder and muse how you will live out your interior life after the Ignatian Exercises are over. Keep in mind that what you do has great significance not only to yourself but to those whom God has given you to love and to be loved by, and even to your community and your nation and your church.
What I want now: I beg the Lord God for the gif t of living the joy of Christ Risen. I ask the gift to live ... grateful for all that is in my life world, my life, and my self. And I ask for the great gift of bringing the Good News to others, in many forms.
PRAYER MATERIALS FOR THIS WEEK:
1. Acts 1:1-12; Jesus Christ ascends to His Father.
2. Luke 24:50-53; The disciples, response to Jesus' Ascension.
3. Acts 2:1-4; The Holy Spirit seizes the disciples.
4. Acts 2:5-36; Peter first preaches the full Good News.
5. The Entire Contemplation for Learning to Love like God.
6. Ephesians 4:7-16; Jesus descended and ascended, leaving us gifts.
7. Romans 8:18-27; The Spirit comes to us.
Some further passages about Jesus' Risen life:
Romans 8:31-39; With Christ our Redeemer, nothing can separate us from God's love.
Colossians 3:1-4; We live in Christ in glory.
Colossians 3:5-17; How we live who live in Christ.
1 Peter 3:1-12; How we live who wait for Christ to come again
1 John 4:7-21; An exhortation to love as God loves.