Daily Journal Entry and Prayer
To assist you in making your journal entries after each prayer period,
review the following questions:
· God was present in all of today: He was with me everywhere. Was I aware of Him?
· Was I open to all the ways God spoke to me today?
· Did I experience His gifts...love? peace? kindness? fidelity? gentleness? patience? joy? self-control?
· Did I ask Him for these gifts?
· Did I feel drawn at any time today to the Lord...through a companion? or a book? or nature? or the newspaper?
· Did I allow the Spirit of God to direct me in all that happened today?
· Did I ask for His guidance?
· What can I be grateful to God for in today?
· Was there something today that I find difficult to be thankful for?
· Do I take God’s gifts and presence for granted?
· What have I learned today about God and His ways in the ordinariness of my life?
· How did I need God today? in fears? in work? in misunderstandings? in sufferings? in mistakes? in disappointments? in joys?
· Did His Word come alive to me today? in reading? in liturgy? in prayer?
· Have I seen the Lord in the members of my family?
· Have I brought Him to them?
· Have I been a sign of God’s presence and love to my husband/wife/children? friends? students? those with whom I work? the postman, the grocer, the clerk etc.? any visitor into my home? anyone I met today?
· Did I move out of myself to go to someone who was lonely? discouraged? sick? in pain? in need of a listener?
· Am I becoming more conscious of God’s work in the Church? in this country? in this neighborhood? in other countries?
· Do I "pray the news"?
· Have I experienced a growing awareness of being loved? of being a loved sinner? of being more loving? of being more lovable?
· Is there any area of my life in which Jesus is not Lord?
· What is happening inside me about what
is going on in my life now? Am I happy? angry? hurt? let down? peaceful?
excited? frustrated? calm? indifferent?